As well as providing some much needed extra space and increasing the value of your property, having a loft conversion can be a relatively pain-free process, but only if you get the right people on board. If you’re thinking of taking on the project yourself, we’d encourage you to think again. Lavishliving.com.au is a new home builders Sydney company who specialise in home design and home constructions. Even the most avid DIY fanatic would benefit from the support of a reputable company. Here are 10 good reasons why:
1. Rules and regulations. Loft conversions are subject to a complex system of regulations and permissions, which could have you running from pillar to post if it’s not something you do regularly. Any reputable company will handle all of the administrative duties for you, saving you time and giving you the peace of mind that your conversion is being carried out within the rules and regulations that apply.
2. Architect. Choosing an architect can be hit or miss if you don’t know the questions you need to be asking. Relying on friends for referrals isn’t ideal and you’ll definitely need an architect on board for your project. A reputable builder will have an architect either as part of his team or in his list of close contacts. A good builder will know exactly what’s required from the architect and may indeed have negotiated lower fees than you could negotiate on your own.
3. Structural engineer. No matter what type of loft conversion you’re planning you’ll need the services of a structural engineer. The structural engineer’s job is to make sure the alterations you’re planning won’t have a detrimental effect on the structure of your home. Like choosing an architect, choosing a structural engineer is not for the faint-hearted and is best left to a reputable company who knows what makes a good structural engineer.
4. Ideas. However clear your ideas seem for your loft conversion, it’s highly likely that there’s something (albeit maybe something minor) that you won’t have thought about. A professional loft conversion company has been there, seen the film, read the book and has the tee shirt. They will be able to come up with ideas to make your project more effective; more likely to add value to your property and very importantly, be more economical. You’ll be surprised at what they’ll bring to the party.
5. Insurance. In the unlikely event that it all goes horribly wrong, if you’ve chosen a reputable company will have their insurance to fall back on. If you DIY your loft conversion, and it all goes belly-up, you’ll have no one to turn to but your bank manager!
6. Cost. In some cases, the DIY option seems, on the face of it, the cheaper option, but what many people don’t take into account is the cost of their time. If time is plentiful in your life, that’s not such a big problem, but most people these days seem to have a shortage rather than a surplus of spare time. In addition to saving you the cost of your time, a reputable builder is likely to save you money on materials and get your job done quicker than normally possible on a DIY basis. All of these add up to meaningful real cost savings and shouldn’t be taken lightly.
7. Hassle. There’s no getting away from the fact that any major house alteration is hassle! If you decide to tackle your loft conversion yourself, you’re likely to encounter your fair share of hassle. A reputable company can remove a good amount of this hassle. Even practical things like hoisting the materials directly into the loft or storing them off-site until they’re required can save lots of disruption in your home. Either way, you can be sure the intrusion in your day to day life will be minimised by getting a good team on board.
8. Support. Any DIY enthusiast knows only too well that there are few places lonelier than the middle of a project that’s just gone horribly wrong, particularly when it impacts on the whole of your household! Working with a reputable firm means that your project is planned and organised to meet realistic timescales and your budget. If that firm comes up against unforeseen problems, they’ll have the experience, the experts and the manpower to sort them out. So even if you want to do some of the work yourself, make sure you have the support of a reputable company behind you if and when you need it.
9. The end result. Apart from the most exceptional DIY experts, DIY is DIY and professional work is professional work. Nowhere is this difference more evident than in the end result. The finish of a job is what gives it its polish; the finish gives it the quality people remember. Top quality finish is really difficult to achieve on a DIY project. A reputable company will make sure your project is finished to their and your exacting standards, which means that your loft conversion will be something you’ll be proud of for years to come.
10. Selling your home. Finally, an important reason to get a reputable company involved in your loft conversion, which is only too often forgotten, is the impact that a DIY loft conversion might have on the future value of your property. If you’ve converted your loft professionally, it’s likely to add significant value to your property, a DIY loft conversion, without all the relevant certificates and guarantees might just make your property impossible to sell!
All in all a simple loft conversion can provide answers to numerous scenarios and can also add value as well as extra space to your existing property. However, if you ever consider having a loft conversion, whether it is a loft conversion in Bridgend, South Wales or anywhere else, remember to choose an established, reliable builder who can provide testimonials of their work. This will help to ensure that the project runs smoothly to help you realise your dreams in a relatively stress free way.
My name is Roy Derrick and I live in South Wales with my wife and four children. I began my working career as a gas engineer but soon realised that I wanted to start my own business and reap any rewards for myself. I opened three retail shops and a food manufacturing company and won several national awards for best retailer including an all expenses trip to New York paid for by Richard Branson. This whet my appetite to want to become an entrepreneur. I sold my retail outlets in 2002 and started up my own construction and development company which has established itself into a successful business. As well as running the construction business I also run a successful internet marketing company and also coach others on how to succeed in business. When I’m not working I enjoy socialising with friends and family and adrenaline filled activities like paint balling and racing fast cars. Find out more on http://www.derwoodhomes.co.uk
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Roy_J_Derrick/171612
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6171214